Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Trying Nu Mood hands on my Deja Vu

Her new look.
I told you I was going to do it, and I did it.  LOL!  I transformed my Deja Vu Emma Basic into a punk chick.  I painted her lips darker and more Gothy, and repainted her fingernails to match.  She already had some bold black eyeliner, so I left her wonderful eye paint alone.  The lips were done with the darkest metallic red acrylic I could find mixed with a touch of black.  

I like her in this white wig.  It's the Monique Gold Collection "Jojo" wig that was in her Christmas picture.   Monique wigs drive me crazy because they have a million flyaway hairs that are nearly impossible to tame for photo shoots.  People attempt to cure these flyaway hairs in various ways.  Sometimes rubbing a dryer sheet over the hair works; other people wet the hair slightly, or even use gel on it.  I'd rather just buy a different brand of wig.  Ha!

The polka-dotted dress is from an old Gene Marshall outfit.  It fits the Deja Vu body perfectly.

Held in the box with string.  A couple of snips, and they're out.
I'd heard Tonner's Nu Mood hands would work on his Deja Vu dolls, so I waited 'til there was a good sale and got a set.  These hands were made for his Tyler Wentworth Nu Mood doll series.  Each set comes with three types of hands:  relaxed hands, curved "holding" hands and a set of fists.  The hands are interchangeable.  I thought this would be a whole lot of fun!  These are the Nu Mood Hands "C" (for Caucasian, I assume).

Original hands.





Original hands.
The Deja Vu dolls have hands that you can pull out. (Gently!)   The Nu Mood hands fit quite well in the arm socket.  Not too loose and not too tight.  The fit was pretty perfect; they fit snugly and won't fall out.  In the photos, the hands that have painted fingernails are her original hands.  The Nu Mood hands don't have painted nails.  I mixed-and-matched the Nu Mood parts a bit so you can see what they look like.  I quite like the curved "holding" hands.  The fists were interesting, but not quite as nice. 

Nu Mood "holding" hand.

Nu Mood holding and fist hands.
Nu Mood holding and relaxed hands.

The only issue I saw was that the Nu Mood hands' skintone was slightly less pink than my Deja Vu Emma.  This was apparent in low light conditions, but in the sunlight, the skintones looked like they matched just fine.  You can probably see the skintone difference in these photos.  The camera always seems to pick up things like this better than the naked eye. 

Nu Mood relaxed hand.

In any case, the hands are still a lot of fun, especially considering how much I love doll photography. 

And here are a couple more pictures, just because I felt like photographing her.  :)




5 comments:

  1. Hi, Just wanted to say how happy I am to have found your doll blog - it's wonderful! Your varied collection and amazing photography bring a whole new element to enjoying this wonderful hobby. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet of you to say! Thank you. I just do this blog for fun. It's nice to be appreciated, though. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the metallic element that you added to her lip colour - they really catch the light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job on her transformation! It is cool to see a different personalty emerge from a doll. Now she needs mini baby safety pins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Thank you for this information, it is precious. I just got my 1rst Deja Vu and was wondering if I could use any of my other dolls shoes and clothes. Lots of savings because of your info. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete