Friday, November 23, 2012

City Girls by Tonner Toys

"Golden Swirl" Astor
These girlies caught my attention a few months ago when they were announced by Tonner Toys, the playline division of the Tonner Doll Company.  They are 16" tall.  I think their faces are very charming!  Their eye paint is wonderful.

Tonner is currently having a "Black Friday" sale that will be lasting all weekend ... 30% off most everything in their store plus free shipping.  I jumped on the sale to get two of the City Girls.  I'll be able to tell you a lot more about them when they arrive next week.

They make me think of playline Ellowyne Wildes with their roundish heads and big eyes. 

I've heard the hair is saran (which means soft ...).  The bodies are similar in size to Tonner Toys' LittleMissMatched Girls dolls, so I'm thinking they can probably share clothing (but not shoes).  I'm still learning about them.  Anyway, I'll be able to confirm the details later.

I ended up getting "Golden Swirl" Astor and Basic Houston. :)  I saw a picture on Flickr of Houston with her hair taken down, and she looked really lovely with the new hairdo. There was supposed to be a blonde released as well, but she's not currently up on the Tonner site and I don't know what happened to her.  (You can see her there modeling the "Gray Haze" fashion.)


(L-R) Basic Houston and "Taxi!" Billy

(L-R) "Color Block" Astor and the "Gray Haze" fashion pack
(L-R) The "Cape Town" and "Networking" fashion packs
Photos are posted here with permission from the Tonner Doll Company.


No comments:

Post a Comment