Saturday, October 6, 2012

High Point Vanessa: Goddess

What can I say, except I'm glad Vanessa is back to her original look! I love the sexy open mouth.  Her lips are parted, but her mouth isn't open TOO wide. ... just enough to be intriguing.  She's gotten her fire back!  People on the forums are calling this new Vanessa sculpt "Vanessa 3.0."  The previous Vanessa 2.0 was nice, but there was nothing of her original personality in the sculpt and she ran the risk of getting boring real fast.  In fact, the first time I ever saw the 2.0 sculpt, I thought she looked a little depressed.  3.0 has brought back all her original attitude in a beautifully screened and painted package. 

This particular Vanessa is flawless.  Her eye paint is attractive, with neutral colors ... nothing garish.  She has my favorite dollie lip color of all time.  Her long, wavy hair is very versatile and fun to photograph and play with. 

Here I've redressed her in the outfit from "Style Counsel" Veronique, with the jewelry from "You Look So Fine" Erin (Rock Wedding Erin).  Gah!  I hate those little tiny hooks on doll necklaces!  Most of my doll necklaces I can't even use because my clumsy hands can't deal with the little tiny hooks.

Click on the pictures to make them bigger.  :)





2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about this lovely’s neutral make-up palette. It makes a doll so much more versatile when it comes to redressing. Congrats on getting a doll that gives you pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perusing your blog (I wandered over from the Poppy database you're keeping). I also can't stand the tiny necklace hooks (which is why most of my collection is 16"), but using tweezers makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete