Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My doll catalog

I'm so proud of myself.  I finally made a photo catalog of my entire doll collection.  I made notations on each photo that essentially went "Type of doll - Specific name of doll - Any other important notes on the doll I felt should be here." Such as "Poppy Parker_To The Fair _ Integrity Toys club exclusive from 2013."  Right now the catalog is only on my computer, but I might have to put it on a CD later.  My main purpose was to have a record of what everything is in case I died some day, so my daughter would have all the information.  I used all my own photos for the catalog, so if she one day decided to sell the collection on eBay, she could use the photos I've provided and labeled. 

It's nice to have the info at my fingertips for my own benefit as well, though.  There were a few dolls whose names I'd completely forgotten.  I couldn't remember the years for ANY of them.  It will be a nice resource to have, AND it will keep track of how many of each type of doll I have.  I'll just have to keep it updated. 

I'll never have to do an online search to find info about my own dolls ever again!  (Dontcha hate it when you have to do that?)

LOL.  By the way, you might notice on the picture of Goldstroke Adele I made a note that she's "not worth much."  This is because she has a broken neck.  My poor Adele!  Her neck crumbled and cracked the very first time I'd tried to turn her head after I bought her (which was over a year after she had been released).  Sigh.  The warranty was already expired on this doll and I wasn't able to get her body replaced. 

4 comments:

  1. I completely understand what a pain in the butt it can be to do this, lol! I try to do this with Neemos... but always lose track... I need to get back on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: I like your catalog of dolls ... We continue in contact

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started doing something like this. I made my own Yahoo group to track my collection. I stopped but I have to do this for the very reason stated.

    I wouldn't want to think of my collection being sold at a yard sale for pennies on the dollar amount they're worth lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

    By the way, I didn't write any prices into my catalog because the prices will fluctuate so much over the years, anyway, that I figured there wouldn't be much of a point to it. A lot of the dolls will drop in value. A handful will raise in value, but not very many of them because I always debox. I've noticed that of the ones I think might raise in value, most of them are Poppy Parkers. A lot of Poppy Parkers will hold their value or go up in value even when they're deboxed, which is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete