Sunday, September 30, 2012

Missed the Integrity convention AGAIN ...

Well, I couldn't go to Integrity Toys' Tropicalia convention this year.  This makes the 437th year in a row I haven't made it to the convention.  Sigh.  Maybe one day ...

I've been busy updating my other blog, the Poppy Parker information resource, found here.  I think Poppy Parker is my favorite doll line EVER.  I just find their faces so charming, and I ADORE the '60s fashions!  I haven't been able to get a single one of the convention dolls (yet), but I'm hoping that will change.  Right now I just need to be glad of what I have.  I just bought a new car to replace my old dented clunker I've been driving for the past 10 years.  It's the first time in my life I've ever had a NEW car and not a used one.  Ever.  I guess that was a good trade-off for not spending money to attend the convention, right? 

Omigosh, I LOVE the convention dolls!  I've been watching the Flickr pages of several of the convention attendees, drooling over their con pics as they come in.  That Poppy Parker table centerpiece is absolutely stunning ("Sea Breeze") and has become one of my Holy Grail dolls.  I also love the new Adele with the enormous hair, and the Poppy gift set ("Hot Dots").  The blonde Erin is pretty, as is the striking, tan-skinned Imogen.  Table centerpiece Eugenia is divinely beautiful! 

I like that they did a black-haired Natalia.  Her hair is wonderful!  I think that sculpt runs the risk of all looking the same after a while, so it's nice to see one with lovely long raven hair.  Natalia has a pretty sculpt, but it's not one of their most versatile ones. 

Since I couldn't attend Tropicalia, I spent some time taking pictures of "My Generation" Chip from the Poppy Parker line.  I'll post his pictures in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment