Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A few notes on Ten Ping's clothing and size

This fabric reminded me of Lilo and Stitch, so this photo had to happen.

I thought I'd return to talk about what clothes and shoes fit Ten Ping by Ruby Red Galleria.  First, she's the same size as their Strawberina doll, so any clothes or shoes made for Strawberina will fit Ten Ping and the Four Kindergartners girls. 

She's close in her chest size to the 8" Ginny dolls, so I thought I'd try a Ginny outfit on her.  The socks, panties and even the shoes fit!  (Although the shoes were tight.)  The dress fit perfectly in the chest area, but as you can see below, the dress was short on her.  A dress that is long on Ginny might work perfectly for Ten Ping, but most of the clothes are going to be short. This cute red dress might work if I put a petticoat underneath it that peaked out below the hem of the skirt.

Oh, by the way, I could barely get her hands through those cuffs!  It was a tight squeeze. Ginny must have skinnier hands.

Ten Ping in a Ginny dress and shoes.

Any panties, bloomers or socks made for 8" Ginny will be perfect for Ten Ping, though, so my girl managed to get quite a nice undergarment and sock collection gleaned from Ginny eBay listings.  Tights for Ginny would be too short in the leg for Ten Ping, unfortunately.

I searched the internet for patterns for Ten Ping, but the only ones I could find were from the delightful Etsy seller jenwrenne.  She has several Ten Ping patterns.  I bought two of them, and they were pretty nice.  She sells them as PDF patterns only (which means you have to have a printer to print them out), but includes lots of detailed and illustrated instructions for the garments.  I was pleased.


Shoes were surprisingly easy to find.  She wears 30mm shoes, but could go up to a 32mm and it would still work.  Those sizes work nicely either with socks or without.  I found two sellers in the United States that sell this size shoe.  (There may be more, but I haven't discovered them yet.)  The first one on this list has both 30mm and 31mms and a much wider selection.  She even has some cute sneakers in the 31mm size.

The Elegant Ankle Strap shoes sold by Audrey's Doll Gallery are perfect.  The picture on their web site shows them as glitter shoes, but the 30mm size doesn't have glitter. I already posted these links in a previous post, but here they are again so that all the Ten Ping clothing information can stay on one page.

Juju's Dolly Mall 30mm
Juju's Dolly Mall 31mm
Audrey's Doll Gallery 30mm Elegant Ankle Strap Shoes


By the way, Ruby Red Galleria does sell clothes and shoes for Ten Ping, but I thought I'd give you a few alternatives as well.

Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment