Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Missing comments. Sigh.

I just discovered that some people's comments are not making it onto my blog posts.  This blog has a spam filter that apparently has decided to weed out ALL comments sent to me as "Anonymous," whether they are actually spam or not.   I didn't even know this was happening until just now, so if you made a comment underneath a post and it never showed up, it's because it ended up in the spam folder and I didn't know about it.  I'm so sorry about that!  If I'd seen it, I would have posted it, I swear!

I think the best way to avoid the spam filter is to not post as "Anonymous."  That kind of stinks, because sometimes it's just easiest to post comments that way.  I've done it myself on other blogs just because I didn't want to have to sign in under a name.  Totally understandable.  Unfortunately, the Anonymous comments might end up in my spam filter.  Sigh. 

Anyway, if you posted a comment on this blog and it never made it onto the pages, it wasn't intentional.  I'll just have to start checking the spam filter regularly, or else try to find some other way to prevent this from happening.

Much love,
Sydney

1 comment:

  1. Just curious, do you have your comments settings set to accept Anonymous comments, too? Sounds like you do, if you are able to actually see them in your spam folder. But it's worth checking it.

    ReplyDelete